DonateYour generosity can help save lives. Find out more...
Mama Hawa’s Memoir now available for Pre-Sale on Amazon
The moving memoir, Keeping Hope Alive: One Woman--90,000 Lives Changed, chronicles Dr. Hawa and her daughters' inspiring work to keep 90,000 of her fellow citizens safe, healthy, and educated for over 20 years in Somalia.
- Hawa Abdi: Saving thousands in Somalia
- Keeping Hope Alive: How one brave woman saved thousands
- “Mother Teresa of Somalia” Hawa Abdi and Daughter Deqo Mohamed on Healing Decades of War, Tragedy
- Vital Voices Global Leadership Awards
- Mama Hawa Spring 2013 Book Tour
- A Bright New Year
- Appeal to Keep the Hawa Abdi Hospital Open
- Our Vital Voices Friendship
- Support from Our Friends
- Newsletter and a Warm Wish to Our Donors this Holiday Season
- Camp Resettlement Operation
- Waqaf-Dhiblawe School now in session
- Black Girls Rock! ’12: Social Humanitarian Award
- Deqo Mohamed at Black Girls Rock!
- The Daily Beast: Somalia’s Fierce Daughter
- John Jay Justice Award 2012: Dedication to Dr. Hawa Abdi
- Congratulations to the European Union
- Dr. Hawa Abdi receives the 2012 John Jay Medal for Justice
- Dr. Hawa and her daughters receive the 2012 Social Humanitarian Award from Black Girls Rock!
- Congratulations to Ms. Hawa Aden Mohamed